Friday, November 21, 2014

My Reflection of the Class


So looking at the blog assignment, we get to reflect on the course and express our opinions on it.  Well, here goes nothing.  During the course, I first found it difficult to maintain interest in the course because of let’s be honest, pure laziness out of my end along many other personal issues that needed to be attended too.  Once I started doing the readings and actually participated in class discussions.  I slowly started to see why this class could seem to be so controversial in the first place.  This class brings about a matter of opinions that help expand my way of the thinking on how society has evolved to where it is now, yet it can still remain corrupt in many different ways as well.  Although I have prevented myself from truly enjoying what Professor Rogers-Cooper message of society is for the class along with the countless opportunities that have I been given only to squander them because of once again, pure laziness out my end.  This class has actually been a pretty enjoyable class to attend. This class allows opinions to voiced while unknown facts to be stated, like for example, of China being a communist country, prevents any knowledge of the Riots that took place to ever be discovered or publicized by any means. This class has brought out voices that at time had to remain silent; Professor Rogers-Cooper has given open podiums and megaphones to utilize ours.  My only regret is that I failed to use mine when I was presented the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment